Let me start this off by saying that I don’t look at turning 30 as the end all be all. I’m simply picking some goals for myself. I want to see what I can accomplish in one year.
So, here goes my list of 30 things by 30!
- Lose 30 pounds. I’m trying to lose weight to be healthy and this is becoming even more important than I could have ever imagined.
- I want to walk/jog a 5K, 10K and MAYBE a half marathon. I know I can do the 5K and 10K but would like to see my time and I’ve never done one before.
- Get Married! Granted this is an easy one since it’s already planned, it’s still on my list.
- Go Camping. I can’t tell you the last time I went camping, but, I can tell you it wasn’t planned by me or EJ. We’ve never done this and I’ve been dying to do this.
- Swim with Dolphins. I’m hoping to accomplish this in Mexico…
- Go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game. I love going to baseball games and the Reds games are awesome.
- Get a new tattoo. I’ve been wanting a new tattoo for awhile.
- Learn more espanol! I think brushing up on my spanish would be fun!
- Take a writing class. I really need to brush up on some of my writing skills and grammar.
- Build up my savings account. I want to have a cushion. I want to be better with my money and feel more secure.
Get a paying photography job. I am currently working on building up my photography portfolio. I am offering my services for free while I learn. I hope to get a paying gig sometime this year. Completed May 30, 2012
- This one is personal and that’s that. 😛
- Get my diploma from Buffalo State. So, I’ve graduated and have a bachelor’s degree BUT I never got my diploma. I owe my college $30 for an old parking ticket in order to get the diploma. I just keep forgetting about it.
- Do something awesome for my Mom. My sister Sheryl and I decided we’re going to help Mom go to Graceland, her dream vacation, next summer. I told Mom and she’s pretty excited about it. I am too.
- Get a manicure (and maybe a pedicure.) Just never done it. Plus my feet are ticklish.
- New hairstyle. My hair stays the same for the most part. I’d like to try something new but nothing crazy.
- Visit Los Angeles. EJ has been dying to get me here for years and I want to visit too!
- Read a classic book. I’m talking tale of two cities, catcher in the rye, pride and prejudice type book.
- Go fishing. Think it would be fun.
- Enter a photography contest. Why not?
- MOVE! Whether it’s into our own place or we take a leap of faith and try something new in a new city. I want to move.
- Lower my car insurance by taking a class. I have a few tickets and I could use some lower car insurance so, I should take one of those defensive driving classes to help lower my rate.
- ZIP LINE. I’ve been dying to do this for a few years now.
- This one is also personal.
- Visit Austin, Texas. EJ and I are very curious about the city but I hear you can smoke inside and that’s stupid.
- Watch the sun rise. Mexico?
- Make exercise part of my every day life. I need to, it’s so important and I feel so much better when I do exercise.
- Have a wedding reception. We’re going to have 2 really but I want to start planning these!
- Go hiking. I want to take a day in hocking hills and hike and enjoy the scenery.
- Take a cooking class with EJ. I think it would be fun and I know he’ll really enjoy it.There they are! What do you think?
I had my 29th birthday last week. It was low key and nice. But everyone has been asking me…
what are you going to do the last year of your 20’s?
I’ve never put much thought into that really. I never really looked at 30 is something to be afraid of or be angry about getting older. It’s life and it goes on.
But I’ve decided to make a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I’m going to try REALLY hard to do all 30 and I’m not going to be upset if I don’t get to all of them but I plan to try.
So, I am currently compiling a list of 30 things to do before I’m 30. I have a couple ideas already and have asked my facebook friends some ideas as well. I can’t wait to see what the list ends up looking like. I hope to have it compiled this weekend and posted this weekend so that I can get started!
I have a lot to say today, bear with me folks!
1st of all. As you all know I have had issues with my blood pressure. Without medication it has been too high for my doctor’s liking. SO, she sent me for an MRA, a scan of my arteries and etc. She called me yesterday with the results.
Most people have 2 renal arteries. One that goes to each kidney. I have 2 arteries that go to my left kidney and 3 arteries that go to my right kidney. The scan didn’t show her as much as she would like but she suspects that they are narrow and partly the reason for my high blood pressure. So now I have to go see a heart doctor (sounds so scary) and get a cardio angiagram, which is similar to an MRA except they will be injecting a dye into my veins for a better look at them. Then, if they decide my veins are too narrow I will need to have a surgery so they can put stints in my arteries to open them up to increase blood flow which would hopefully decrease my blood pressure to a normal level without medication.
I’m not looking forward to it. I think I’ll have to pay a few hundred for the MRA and the cardio angiagram is about $3800.00 after insurance. My health insurance deductible is $3000.00. So, this means I will have to pay $3000 this year. $3000 I don’t have. So, that’s another bill. How awesome. And if I have to have surgery I might as well do it all this year right? So, I’m a little frustrated/nervous about this.
I’m not even going to discuss how frustrating the home situation is (not EJ or anything). I’m really longing for our own place again. I want my own home to clean and decorate as I want. Soon enough though, it’ll happen. I know I just need to remain positive and be patient.
And weight wise. I’m about 4 pounds up I think. I’m going to weight watchers tomorrow for the first time in about a month. I did a little exercise the past 2 nights. I’m trying to get back into that routine of every night and I’m getting back to paying more attention to what I eat.
I’ll write more tomorrow after my weight watchers visit. I hope everyone has a good week!
We’ve had a lot of things to do within the past 2 months. February and March was jam packed with weekend trips, EJ’s birthday and more!
We’re finally at the point where we don’t have anything planned until May 26th, our friend’s wedding reception in Louisville. Then after that, nothing until my bridal shower on July 15th.
All of this means it’s been weeks since I’ve been to weight watchers as well. Not to mention, I haven’t been tracking.
So, today, I plan to try and start tracking. I know my week might be a little off but I need to jump back on the tracks!
I’ve had a banana so far and have a pack of oatmeal too.
Lunch I have some rice with onions, green peppers and smoked turkey sausage.
Snacks I have a yoplait light yogurt with granola, WW string cheese, strawberries and blackberries and pretzels if I want something else.
5 months until my wedding! I have until July to lose weight and then stay close to that weight because I’m taking my dress in for alterations in July. 🙂
In any case, wish me luck to get back on track! I’m going to need some support!
Oh yea, here’s one of our engagement photos 🙂 I can link you to more if you would like.