Well, since it’s been awhile, I thought I’d revisit my 30 by 30 list!
Here it is…
- Lose 30 pounds. I’m trying to lose weight to be healthy and this is becoming even more important than I could have ever imagined.
I want to walk/jog a 5K, 10K and MAYBE a half marathon. I know I can do the 5K and 10K but would like to see my time and I’ve never done one before. I walked a 5k with everyone at work for Alzheimer’s!
Get Married! Granted this is an easy one since it’s already planned, it’s still on my list.Completed September 8, 2012!
- Go Camping. I can’t tell you the last time I went camping, but, I can tell you it wasn’t planned by me or EJ. We’ve never done this and I’ve been dying to do this.
Swim with Dolphins. I’m hoping to accomplish this in Mexico…Completed September 10, 2012 in Mexico! it was awesome!
- Go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game. I love going to baseball games and the Reds games are awesome.
Get a new tattoo. I’ve been wanting a new tattoo for awhile.I did! I got a lightning bolt on my foot!
- Learn more espanol! I think brushing up on my spanish would be fun!
- Take a writing class. I really need to brush up on some of my writing skills and grammar.
- Build up my savings account. I want to have a cushion. I want to be better with my money and feel more secure.
Get a paying photography job. I am currently working on building up my photography portfolio. I am offering my services for free while I learn. I hope to get a paying gig sometime this year.Completed May 30, 2012
- This one is personal and that’s that.
- Get my diploma from Buffalo State. So, I’ve graduated and have a bachelor’s degree BUT I never got my diploma. I owe my college $30 for an old parking ticket in order to get the diploma. I just keep forgetting about it.
- Do something awesome for my Mom.
- Get a manicure (and maybe a pedicure.) Just never done it. Plus my feet are ticklish.
- New hairstyle. My hair stays the same for the most part. I’d like to try something new but nothing crazy.
- Visit Los Angeles. EJ has been dying to get me here for years and I want to visit too!
- Read a classic book. I’m talking tale of two cities, catcher in the rye, pride and prejudice type book.
- Go fishing. Think it would be fun.
- Enter a photography contest. Why not?
- MOVE! Whether it’s into our own place or we take a leap of faith and try something new in a new city. I want to move.
- Lower my car insurance by taking a class. I have a few tickets and I could use some lower car insurance so, I should take one of those defensive driving classes to help lower my rate.
- ZIP LINE. I’ve been dying to do this for a few years now.
- This one is also personal.
- Visit Austin, Texas. EJ and I are very curious about the city but I hear you can smoke inside and that’s stupid.
Watch the sun rise. Mexico?I didn’t sit on the beach for awhile watching it rise but I did get up early enough to see it very close to having just risen! It counts! haha
- Make exercise part of my every day life. I need to, it’s so important and I feel so much better when I do exercise.
Have a wedding reception. We had 2! And they were great! A wonderful time with friends and family!
- Go hiking. I want to take a day in hocking hills and hike and enjoy the scenery.
- Take a cooking class with EJ. I think it would be fun and I know he’ll really enjoy it.
Well, There’s still plenty to do and some might not work out before 30 and that’s ok! I’ll have to talk about the other things I’ve done this year when the time comes!
In other news, I’m going to do some research on photography contests and try to enter one. And a cooking class would be fun!