I’ve been slacking on my blogging and my diet!
But, I’m back! Some awesome things have happened since I last wrote. My 30th birthday was April 17th. It was pretty uneventful until the weekend!
Friday the 19th when we got home from work there was a happy birthday banner hanging on the wall in our dining room. I remember asking EJ “What is that!?” I walked into the dining room and then from my right where our kitchen is jump out my Mom and sister, Sheryl!!! I yelled “WHAT! WHAT IS THIS! OMG!” and then I started to cry as I hugged them both. Read More
30 by 30:
So, on my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 I can cross one off!
Get a paying photography job. I am currently working on building up my photography portfolio. I am offering my services for free while I learn. I hope to get a paying gig sometime this year
WOO! I took pictures for this guys retirement party and got paid $60! It’s not much BUT it’s awesome! haha. 29 left! I should be able to start accomplishing things more now!
My wonderful fiancee starts work on Monday! I’m so proud of him and excited for the things we will be able to do! I hope to cross some more items off my list this summer!
I’m doing slightly better. Except yesterday, I was bad yesterday. I didn’t weight myself this week yet to know where I stand. I might as well wait and go to weight watchers on Saturday. I’m trying to do better, I want to feel as comfortable as possible in my wedding dress! I know once we are both working and are able to buy groceries more often I will be able to eat a lot better and that will help me a lot.
I need to get back into my routine of exercise for 30 minutes on lunch and an hour every evening. I did about 30 minutes last night but not on lunch. I plan to do both today and hopefully I’ll keep it going again. It’s hard when you have a lot to do and you want to have relaxation time. But, I know it’s a sacrifice and I just need to remember in the end it’ll be worth it.
Let me start this off by saying that I don’t look at turning 30 as the end all be all. I’m simply picking some goals for myself. I want to see what I can accomplish in one year.
So, here goes my list of 30 things by 30!
- Lose 30 pounds. I’m trying to lose weight to be healthy and this is becoming even more important than I could have ever imagined.
- I want to walk/jog a 5K, 10K and MAYBE a half marathon. I know I can do the 5K and 10K but would like to see my time and I’ve never done one before.
- Get Married! Granted this is an easy one since it’s already planned, it’s still on my list.
- Go Camping. I can’t tell you the last time I went camping, but, I can tell you it wasn’t planned by me or EJ. We’ve never done this and I’ve been dying to do this.
- Swim with Dolphins. I’m hoping to accomplish this in Mexico…
- Go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game. I love going to baseball games and the Reds games are awesome.
- Get a new tattoo. I’ve been wanting a new tattoo for awhile.
- Learn more espanol! I think brushing up on my spanish would be fun!
- Take a writing class. I really need to brush up on some of my writing skills and grammar.
- Build up my savings account. I want to have a cushion. I want to be better with my money and feel more secure.
Get a paying photography job. I am currently working on building up my photography portfolio. I am offering my services for free while I learn. I hope to get a paying gig sometime this year. Completed May 30, 2012
- This one is personal and that’s that. 😛
- Get my diploma from Buffalo State. So, I’ve graduated and have a bachelor’s degree BUT I never got my diploma. I owe my college $30 for an old parking ticket in order to get the diploma. I just keep forgetting about it.
- Do something awesome for my Mom. My sister Sheryl and I decided we’re going to help Mom go to Graceland, her dream vacation, next summer. I told Mom and she’s pretty excited about it. I am too.
- Get a manicure (and maybe a pedicure.) Just never done it. Plus my feet are ticklish.
- New hairstyle. My hair stays the same for the most part. I’d like to try something new but nothing crazy.
- Visit Los Angeles. EJ has been dying to get me here for years and I want to visit too!
- Read a classic book. I’m talking tale of two cities, catcher in the rye, pride and prejudice type book.
- Go fishing. Think it would be fun.
- Enter a photography contest. Why not?
- MOVE! Whether it’s into our own place or we take a leap of faith and try something new in a new city. I want to move.
- Lower my car insurance by taking a class. I have a few tickets and I could use some lower car insurance so, I should take one of those defensive driving classes to help lower my rate.
- ZIP LINE. I’ve been dying to do this for a few years now.
- This one is also personal.
- Visit Austin, Texas. EJ and I are very curious about the city but I hear you can smoke inside and that’s stupid.
- Watch the sun rise. Mexico?
- Make exercise part of my every day life. I need to, it’s so important and I feel so much better when I do exercise.
- Have a wedding reception. We’re going to have 2 really but I want to start planning these!
- Go hiking. I want to take a day in hocking hills and hike and enjoy the scenery.
- Take a cooking class with EJ. I think it would be fun and I know he’ll really enjoy it.There they are! What do you think?
I had my 29th birthday last week. It was low key and nice. But everyone has been asking me…
what are you going to do the last year of your 20’s?
I’ve never put much thought into that really. I never really looked at 30 is something to be afraid of or be angry about getting older. It’s life and it goes on.
But I’ve decided to make a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I’m going to try REALLY hard to do all 30 and I’m not going to be upset if I don’t get to all of them but I plan to try.
So, I am currently compiling a list of 30 things to do before I’m 30. I have a couple ideas already and have asked my facebook friends some ideas as well. I can’t wait to see what the list ends up looking like. I hope to have it compiled this weekend and posted this weekend so that I can get started!